Physics without Frontiers is an outreach program founded by the ICTP, Trieste, Italy in 2012. It has been taking science on the road, bringing it to the far reaches of the developing world to inspire and engage young physics students: Vietnam, Algeria, Palestina, Nepal. And in 2016 it arrived to Colombia and Venezuela and in 2017 the project also includes Perú.
Physics without Frontiers gives students a first insight to the particle physics world through different activities: seminars, career and opportunities sessions and the masterclasses, with interactive lectures on particle physics and hands-on exercises using data from Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN. Satellite all public events have been organised too.
Physics without Frontiers edition 2017 will take place in between October 2nd and 6th at the Universidad Central de Venezuela (UCV) and Universidad Simón Bolívar (USB) in Venezuela, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco (UNSAAC) and the Fe y Alegría school at Cusco and the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos and Juan Alarco de Dammert school in Lima, Perú. Also, between the 19th and 22nd of Octubre we will be at a stand at the Expociencia 2017 Bogotá, Colombia.
Funded by ICTP and CERN’s ATLAS experiment. This year we also had the cooperation of the Instituto Apoyo in Perú.
Are you interested? Send us an email!
- UAN y UPTC: Reina Camacho, Carlos Sandoval
- UIS: Luis ALberto Nuñez, Reina Camacho, Carlos Sandoval
- ULA: Hector Hernández, Arturo Sánchez
- USB: Jorge Stephany, Arturo Sánchez
- UCV: José Antonio López, Arturo Sánchez
- ATLAS/CERN at the Expociencia 2017 Bogotá: Carlos Sandoval
- Activities in Cuzco and Lima: Reina Camacho, Carlos Sandoval, Saadia Espinoza
We are also in the social media:
- CEVALE2VE @Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cevale2ve
- CEVALE2VE @Twitter: @cevale2ve
- Instituto Apoyo en Twitter: @